The Manipal Entrance Test (MET) qualifies students to take admission into various engineering courses in the following institutes: Manipal Institute of Technology, Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology, Sikkim and Manipal University, Jaipur.
- It is mandatory for students interested in applying to undergraduate or post graduate courses like B.Tech, M.Tech or MCA to appear for the MET.
- MET was earlier known as the Manipal University Online Entrance Exam (MU-OET) and the Manipal University is now known as the Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE).
- Students applying to undergraduate architecture courses at MAHE have to either write the National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) or JEE Mains Paper 2 exams to qualify for admissions. Scores of these exams are taken into account while choosing the appropriate candidates for the courses.
- It is mandatory that the candidate be an Indian national to sit for the exam.
- Candidates should pass 10+2 (or any equivalent exam) from a recognized board/university with Physics, Mathematics and English as compulsory subjects.
- The candidate should have studied Chemistry/
Biology/Biotechnology or any technical vocational subject as optional subject in the 10+2 (or any equivalent exam), and scored at least 50% marks combined in Physics, Mathematics and any one of the optional subjects in 10+2 or equivalent exam.
- There is no minimum age requirement to appear for MET.
- If the candidate scores 50% marks in MET, he/she will be eligible for counselling and admission.
Courses on offer through MET
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Automobile Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer and Communication Engineering
- Computer Science Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Industrial and Production Engineering
- Information Technology
- Instrumentation and Control Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechatronics Engineering
- Print and Media Technology
- The candidate must be an Indian national
- The candidate must have passed 10+2 (or equivalent) exam from a recognized board/university. He/she should have taken Physics, Mathematics and English as compulsory subjects in 10+2 (or equivalent) exam.
- Studied Chemistry/Biology/Biotechnology/any technical vocational subject as optional subject in the 10+2 (or equivalent) exam.
- The candidate should have scored 50% marks in Physics, Mathematics and any one of the optional subjects in 10+2 | A-level | IB | American 12th grade | equivalent exams.
- There is no minimum age requirement for MET 2019
- If the candidate scores 50% marks in MET 2019, he/she will be eligible for counselling and admission.